Thanks to the support of many generous people, the Katete community now has:
- 30 children being sponsored through school and further education, with help towards their boarding.
- Plentiful and reliable supply of clean drinking water (a dam was funded by FIACD), which means health for people and better survival for cattle in times of drought.
- Isaiah nursery and fledgling primary school with 60 children aged 3-10 years. It has trebled in size since Christmas and now has 4 classes and 3 teachers.
- Its own vibrant church, which is growing in numbers
- Their first harvest of 10kg coffee, an encouraging start to introducing cash crops to give more people a livelihood.