Thanks to the support of so many generous people, the Katete community now has:
- Plentiful and reliable supply of clean drinking water (a dam was funded by FIACD), which means improved health for people, and better survival for cattle in times of drought.
- Its new Isaiah Nursery & Primary School, which opened on 3 February 2019. This means that even more Katete children are receiving a much-needed education.
- 30 children being sponsored through school and further education, with help towards their boarding.
- Its own vibrant church, which is growing in numbers
- Its first harvest of 10kg coffee, an encouraging start to introducing cash crops to give more people a livelihood.