We’ve reached our ‘Phase 1′ fundraising target and our Isaiah Nursery & Primary School is open! However, we still have so much more to do. Please help…
We’re delighted to say that we raised just over £11,000 (including gift aid), which when added to our charity’s reserves and Trustees’ donations, meant that we were able to complete ‘Phase 1’ of our build, and open our new Isaiah Nursery & Primary School on 28 January 2019. This included four classroom blocks and toilets, school furniture and equipment, teachers’ accommodation, school kitchen, and water tank. This really is an amazing leap forward for the village of Katete!
Thank you to all of you who have supported our New Primary School Appeal through prayer and donations. We are especially thankful for the support of Holy Trinity Claygate’s wonderful congregation.
“We believe passionately that this new primary school will significantly impact the Katete community, and be a major step forward in its development and transformation. Thank God that we can now give many more of Katete’s poorest children access to education, in a safe, dry environment. God Bless.” Revd Prof Linda Morgan (Chair of Trustees)
However, we still need your help with our ongoing running costs and ‘Phase 2’ of our build
Please watch this space for information on ‘Phase 2’ of our fundraising, which is currently being approved by the Trustees. This could include a drainage ditch (for the rainy season), solar panels for the school and teachers’ accommodation, an on-site hut for the nightwatchman / groundsman, and perimeter security including two gates.
Also, for the foreseeable future, our Isaiah Nursery & Primary School will need support with its running costs. We have so many children from impoverished families, and the school needs time to establish itself.
We are so grateful to our wonderful supporters and for God’s blessing. Please continue to pray for this project:
- Thank God for His faithfulness in helping us to bring the school to a fresh beginning.
- Pray for ‘Phase 2’ of our build and our ongoing running costs – for more donations, and for the removal of any obstacles,
- Pray that our new head teacher, Denis, and his staff, settle in quickly.
- Pray for the local families (many of whom are impoverished), who are trying to support their children’s education.
- Pray for our new pupils, many of whom have never been to school before.
Please get in touch
If you would like to discuss how you could help, please email Linda Morgan.
- Or to find out more, please watch our short video here.